Mulhouse is the biggest center for technical museums in Europe. Exceptionally rich with a long tradition of museums, initiated by businessmen who founded a museum of technical drawing, which today has become the museum of Textile Printing (1857), the museum of old Mulhouse (1858) and the Fine-Arts museum (1883). Mulhouse museums act as curators for the memory of the town and the work of those who built it.
Admire 400 exceptional cars, sit in a racing Talbot, turn barrel rolls, start a car with a lever, be on the Grand-Prix starting grid, drive a Le Mans 24 hour racing car... there are a thousand ways of entering into the legend of cars...
Visit the national car museum museum's website
This museum has the most important collection of railway material in continental Europe. With around a hundred steam engines, electric engines, autorails, luxury carriages, ordinary carriages... it traces a century and a half of French railway history.
Discover the entire history of printed cotton in Alsace and all over the world, as well as an exceptional collection of material and machines.
The textile prints museum has a great many themes: decorative art, industry, technique, fashion, local and social history... see them all in a clear and lively visit.
Visit the museum of textile website
Conceived as a communications and cultural space, Electropolis, the biggest museum in Europe dedicated to electricity, leads the way to a new generation of museums. Visitors are invited to experiment with electricity under all its forms.
Visit the electropolis website
There could be no better place than the old Town Hall to house the historical museum. Dedicated to the evocation of Mulhouse from the 16th century to 1830, this old building has lovely 17th century painted ceilings.
The Fine Arts museum, founded in 1864 by the Mulhouse Industrial Society, has a permanent collection which ranges from the Middle Ages to the present day, and also has regular exhibitions of contemporary artists, with a choice of more than 800 original prints in the Art library on the ground floor.